header/navigation

LLLHeader2
Lavnav2_v4

Monday, July 30, 2012

Bad Blog Manners

Oh little Loops of Lavender blog, it's been so quiet around here lately! I can only blame myself for that of course. Part of the problem is summers just get busy busy busy, and did I mention I'm getting married this September? Plus I tend to float from one hobby to another, and my blog has a bit of an identity crisis.

I think it's a lifestyle blog now. I just wish I had more of an exciting lifestyle! I wish I had time to think up all sorts of fun DIY projects to post, but truth is I don't. Every once in awhile I create something clever, but mostly I just follow the cleverness of others.

 So what can I talk about that I know?

Well this summer I planted my first raised bed garden. I'm a novice gardener but I managed to get quite a few zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, cucumbers, kale and plenty of salads. It's not done yet, and I plan to plant some carrots and beets to harvest in fall. We'll see how that goes!

This morning's harvest. Two zucchinis, handful of greenbeans, and the first tomato, cucumber, and tiny cayenne pepper of the season!!!!



Yellow squash. Humming along.

My first yellow grape tomatoes

I've been continuing to try and cook healthy vegetarian meals. I don't cook in the summer so much since we don't have air conditioning and it heats up the house so much. We do grill often, but I don't take photos of those meals for some reason. Probably since we do it so often so I don't get excited about it!

But here's some kale pecan pesto made with kale from my garden!

Kale pecan pesto! :oD

And here's an awesome pasta salad I made with yellow grape tomatoes, cucumber and avocado!

Lunch on the deck

I've been visiting the farmer's market every Saturday morning. I usually get eggplant, potatoes and such, but here's some farmer's market flowers I got for my mom and grandma this past weekend.

Farmers market flowers

I discovered the secret green tea frappuccino at Starbucks. It's not on their menu but I was working from Starbucks one day (all day) and heard someone else order it. And lo! It's real and it's delicious!

Friday treat, secret frappecino

I've been crocheting a lot and meeting up with my group! Here's a square I made for Worldwide Knit in Public Day. The yarn shop in the town our group usually meets in was knitting and crocheting squares to stitch into blankets to donate to the local hospital. I've been working on crochet projects for my wedding as well, but I'm not ready to share those yet!

Purple and mustard square for knit in public day!

And here's my awesome hound Odie in his raincoat.

Odie needs his raincoat today

And Lillie looking very disapproving, as rabbits tend to do.

Serious bun.

Here's something special from our wedding invitations.

Scherrle

Dave has been working on the kitchen and I try to help with out slowing him down too much.

Here I am at the paint store again

Well...

And I've been reading a lot. I'm in the middle of the Game of Thrones series. I just started book five, and we've finally started watching the HBO series. I took a brief hiatus from Game of Thrones to read the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy as well.

Yeah, that's pretty much all I do right now! I'm missing my little bloggy blog so I'll try and update more often. Likely more photo posts with Instagram photos! Since I can manage to fit that in to my life some how!


No comments:

Post a Comment